Before Frying: You will need a fryer, a utensil to submerge the pork skin pellets in oil and a thermometer to monitor oil temperature.
- Heat oil to approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Completely submerge pork skin pellets in the oil for approximately one minute
- Remove the pork skins and set aside to drain excess surface oil
- If applying seasoning, apply immediately after removing pork skins from the fryer
Over the years we have learned every fryer performs a little different.
For best results when popping pork skin pellets:
- We recommend using oil(s) with a flash (smoke) point above 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do not over crowd fryer
- Store product at room temperature
- Serve fresh and hot while skins are still “cracklin”